Korean Christian Women's Beautiful Harmony for North Korean Human Rights

Suzanne Scholte

A perfect harmonious sound by Metropolitan Women's Choir pealed out at Bender Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington at October 14, 2017. This music concert was designed to support the Defense Forum Foundation (DFF) and promote human rights in North Korea. The choir was composed of Korean Christian women who are dedicated to praise God and Jesus Christ. Their voice was so dreamlike, irresistible, nostalgic, affectionate, and sometimes mournful that I deluded myself to listen angels' whisper from the Heaven. Indeed, I grasped how women's voice could be beautiful to praise God's grace and glory. One of their songs was "It's You Folks" composed by Hyang-gi Yoon, which let me imagine elder sisters' warm hand stroking my deeply hurt soul tenderly.
When you feel lonely
I will comfort you
When you feel sad
I will be your tears
It also looked like a Jesus' message toward North Korean people who are the most isolated and suffering around the world. Moreover, it was a great pleasure to see Suzanne Scholte who is a renowned North Korean human right activist as a Seoul Peace Prize Laureate. She briefly reported how North Korean people are in tragic situations, and how many activists have been self-devotedly working for North Korean human rights. Obviously, this concert was a great opportunity which amplified my interest to North Korean human rights.

Comments